Thursday, July 19, 2007

On Asparagus

I'm trying to automate the internet. Think of how much time I can save in a day if I just convince my computer to do all of the online stuff I normally do. Respond to emails. Check sports scores. Get lost on Wikipedia determining what countries have non-rectangular flags.

Well, I'm one step closer to automating myself. I've created a python script that can create blog entries on my behalf with minimal effort of my own. Let's say, for instance, that I want to write about asparagus but don't have the time to bother with research, or don't actually have any asparagus opinions. In the olden days, I'd have had to call it a day, and the world would miss out on one more rambling post about asparagus. No longer is this the case!

Now the Trigram Post Simulator (TPS) reports what other bloggers have already thought about asparagus in the form of a simple, muddled post. Observe:

it’s been a prize for the peaches, apricots, mangoes or whatever your favorite chutney recipe calls for. you can see asparagus spears lurking in there. i have to admit, it's the main elements of caesar, and i get strawberries in huge quantities, i end up with this undertaking, floured thoroughly the cloth made the little pre done seed blocks. i do not have a blog in another language i would make no sound at all. elul is the quirky side of popcorn. the lesson: one gets what they would have taken both. they look incredibly good!i definitely couldn't share a salad nicoise the other half of the exeter book riddles clearly belong to the image of weaving cloth, and the garlic and the carnival of the rectangle, 2.5cm in from the folks at klamath fallsjuly 07, 2007this letter was written by charles grennel and his developments in kansas city."it'll make documentarists' hard academic work so much more helpful to city planners!this is a really tasty alternative to bubble and leek is a lot less sauce. the next vanguard of waiters sashayed towards him with the sauce over the world. they can accept the fact that i can get, although i suspect includes most readers of this by adding ground almonds and sugar into a lot better if it'd taken excluded peoples' ideas of "good plan" or "bad plan" one could make my grandmother's pasty recipe and the capacity for violence, and a white wine and reduce. add cream and reduce by half.5. add crab claws and boil 6 minutes. drain crab and according to package directions. steam asparagus for about 15 minutes)6. (if you are planning to visit eckert's, so you have lying around - overripe bananas aren't seasonal, but sometimes they are both intense and light. obviously, they match

Sure it's imperfect, but it's only at version 1.0. By version 3.0 no one will even want to talk to me; they'll just head straight for the TPS. And it's really easy - I just tell TPS what I want to post about, and it goes and finds 200 posts about it. Then it creates a trigram model of the posts it found and uses that model to construct a novel post of its own. How much time I'm saving! And it's no less coherent than most of my posts!

No comments: